Celestron NexStar Evolution 6 Telescope
The Celestron NexStar Evolution 6 Telescope offers amateurs a powerful optical device which is not only portable, but provides phenomenal views of the universe. Like the original NexStar SE series, the Celestron NexStar Evolution 6 Telescope features the same high quality Schmidt-Cassegrain optics but benefits from the modern improvements including: a smooth computerized alt-azimuth mount, StarBright XLT optical coatings, and no-nonsense SkyAlign technology.
The true draw card is that the Celestron NexStar Evolution series are the first Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes with integrated WiFi. You no longer need your hand controller to slew to all the best celestial objects. Instead you can explore the night sky with a tap of your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to built-in Celestron NexStar Evolution 6 Telescope wireless network, and explore the universe with the free Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android. Enjoy the convenience of a planetarium interface to view the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on your time and location. Celestron’s proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built right into the Celestron mobile app, so you’re ready to observe within minutes.
Forget about batteries or an external power supply. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own built-in battery. With this ultra-long life lithium-ion phosphate battery, you’ll be able to enjoy stargazing marathons up to 10 hours on a single charge. You can even use NexStar Evolution’s USB charge port to top off the other devices in your life that need to stay powered on during an observing session. An intelligent power management system senses when battery levels are low and goes into power-saving mode to keep your telescope running for as long as possible.
If you’re interested in astroimaging, the Celestron NexStar Evolution 6 Telescope is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution’s tracking accuracy is so impressive, you can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera. As you progress with imaging, you can add the Evolution Equatorial Wedge allowing longer exposures than conventional alt-az tracking, for more detailed deep sky portraits.
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery built-in.
- USB charge port for your smart device
- Improved design with manual clutches
- 2 accessory trays
- Integrated carry handles
- Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture 150 mm
- Focal Length 1500 mm
- Focal Ratio 10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 40 mm
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 13mm
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 38x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2 115x
- Finderscope StarPointer
- Star Diagonal 1.25″
- Mount Type Single Fork Arm Altazimuth
- Tripod Stainless steel
- Power Requirements Internal battery included
- Highest Useful Magnification 354x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 21x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 13.4
- Resolution (Dawes) 0.77 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 459x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction 2.2 in
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area 14%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter 37%
- Optical Coatings StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length 16 in
- Total Telescope Kit Weight 35.4 lbs
- Max Slew Speed 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Alignment Procedures SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports 1 hand control and 3 aux ports for optional accessories
- Evo App Database Over 120,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- USB Charge Port Yes