Celestron Nexstar Rs-232 Cable
Availability: Online and In-store
Item Code: 050234939201
The Celestron RS-232 Cable is used to connect your PC or computer to NexStar computerized telescopes via a port in the hand control. The large adapter attaches to the serial port of your computer. If your computer does not have a serial port, you will need a Serial-to-USB Adapter (#18775) so that you can connect the RS-232 Cable via a USB port instead. The other end of the cable terminates in a phone-jack style plug, and simply snaps into the port designed for this purpose.
Once you have connected your computer and telescope, you can update your hand control firmware. The latest updates can be found in the Support section of this website.
Connecting a computer to your telescope will also allow you to navigate the telescope from your computer screen! There are many software programs available today that will not only display the night sky as it appears on any chosen observing night, but that will allow you to send your telescope to any object on the screen with the click of a button.
● Cable Length: 31cm
● Compliant with the USB 1.1 and 2.0 specification
● Supports RS-232 serial Interface
● Supports 500 kbps data transfer rate
● Plug and Play compatible
● USB suspend condition
● Draws its power from USB connection, no extra power adapter required
● Supports Windows® 2000, Windows® XP, Windows Vista® 32/64-bit , Windows® 7, Windows® 8 and Mac OS® 10.x
● USB A male to DB9 male
● 1 x Cable
Why Buy from Mystery Planet?
● Fast Delivery – All orders are shipped within 24 hours of being received
● 100% Australian Owned – Operating from our QLD store at Westfield Coomera
● High Quality Products – All products are tested and meet Australian Standards
● Customer Service – Comprehensive customer care support team ready to help you
● Exceptional Value – Provide our customers with affordable pricing & huge savings!
● Thank You – For shopping and supporting a 100% Family-owned Australian business!
Information:Shipping & Delivery
Payments We Accept
Warranty, Returns & Refund
Need more help? Contact Us